Allison Academy provides a rigorous and challenging college preparatory education to students from diverse social, ethnic, economic, and academic backgrounds. The school seeks to equip students with the skills, knowledge, and experiences to realize their potential in college and beyond.
- PRIVATE, INDEPENDENT, CO-EDUCATIONAL DAY SCHOOL for Students in grades 6-12
- FOUNDED in 1983 by Dr. Sarah F. Allison
- LOCATED in North Miami Beach, FL (5 miles north of downtown Miami)
- FACILITIES: Located in North Miami Beach, FL, 5 miles north of downtown Miami.
- TOTAL ENROLLMENT: 100 students
- FACULTY: 36% have masters or doctoral degrees, 72% have more than 10 years at Allison Academy
- RESOURCES IN LIBRARY: Access to 3.8 million volumes and 60 periodical subscriptions.
- COMPUTER NETWORK: Campus-wide inter-network featuring access to file storage, the Internet, and electronic mail. SchoolSpeak connects students to features such as grades, homework and resources from home computers.
- COMPUTERS AND LABS: One computer lab on campus. Also, all students have access to computers in their classes. Student to computer ratio is 1:1
- MIDDLE SCHOOL DEPARTMENTS: English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Health and Physical Education, Technology, Reading, Art and Music.
- UPPER SCHOOL DEPARTMENTS: English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, World Languages, Computer Science/Technology, Health and Physical Education, Reading, Art, Music and other electives. Most courses are offered at two levels, including some Honors and Advanced Placement classes. Students are placed in courses that best suit their background and ability, and it is not unusual for students to have an academic schedule that includes courses from different levels.
- GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS: 28 credits are required to graduate from Allison Academy. This includes 4 credits of English; 4 credits of Mathematics, including Algebra I and Geometry; 3 credits of Science, including Biology; 3 credits of Social Studies, including World History, American History and American Government/Economics; 1 credit of a Fine Art; 2 credits of a Foreign Language; 1 credit of an Applied Art; 1 credit of Physical Education; and, 4 or more elective credits. Also, there is a minimum of 75 hours of community service required to graduate.
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE: 2 languages offered: French/ Spanish
- TUITION: $17,000 annually
- REGISTRATION: $450 annually
- BOOKS/TECHNOLOGY: $600 annually
- FIELD TRIPS (LOCAL): 125 annually
- SAT REASONING TEST: Middle 50% ranges last year Critical Reading 560-660 Math 570-670 Writing 570-670
- MATRICULATION: 92% of our students matriculate to an accredited college or university.
- AISF – Association of Independent Schools of Florida
- NCSPA – National Council for Private School Accreditation
- MSA – Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools
- AI – Accreditation International
- NCA Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, the Northwest Accreditation Commission, and the SACS Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement